Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Week 35: "Poor Boy"

It's kind of ironic how at this point in time, my posts seem to write themselves in the sense that each week, I seem to find a very common theme to many of my conversations.  A couple weeks ago, it was the "when are you due?" question.  Last week, it was the "what are you going to name her?" question.

This week, it seems to be the "Poor Boy" theme.  The conversations about whether we are having another boy or girl have become very predictable.

"What are you having?"

"Another girl."

"And what do you have at home?"

"Girl, boy, girl."

"Oh, poor boy."

"BUT, he'll sure know how to treat a woman someday!!!"

That's become my canned response to this overplayed conversation.  After all, I have found that a boy who grows up surrounded by girls is actually a pretty rare gem.  So much so that I married one!

No comments:

Post a Comment